Thursday, October 07, 2004

Where I've been

Have you ever seen those magnetic maps on the backs of campers or RV's that show which states have been visited by that mobile home and its owner? Yes? No? Maybe so? Well, here it is: the human version: *Not that I am going to paste it on my forehead as a trophy of my travels... Though I do take pride in it!*

As you can tell, one side of the family is from the East Coast, the other is from the Upper Midwest, I have been to both Disneyworld and Disneyland, and I've practically driven across the whole country trying to get to college. Oh, and my Dad has a penchant for taking family vacations at least 500 miles away from home. When it all comes together, this is a representation of where the humble Village Idiot has been, at some point or other, in the Good Ole United States of America:

On a global scale, this is where I've been in the world. Yeah, I'm much better traveled if you only lokk at the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

And, as you can see, Europe is about the only place outside of North America to which I have been. Thus, I give you a map specific to my travels in Europe.

I had fun with this. It’s kinda a lighthearted type of amusement for the amateur traveler that doesn't require internet games or travel guides. Check out this awsome website and Try it for yourself if you like! *And no, I don't expect you to wear it on your for head, your camper or your own blog if you don't like!*