Friday, October 29, 2004

Road Trip!

This weekend, I drove my car from my home to my school. ~Now, I’ll have you know that I am accustomed to long drives, not having gone to school that is closer than 10 miles from my house since 6th grade, but the Colorado-Minnesota trek was a little more taxing than the typical hour-long commute in Denver {by about 13 hours!}

By the time I arrived back in my dorm, I felt like a really tired zombie. One never really realizes how much effort goes into holding on to a steering wheel. The aching buttocks? -That can be understood… Sitting for 2 days is not so good for that which is sat upon. However, it is a little known fact that the steering wheel does nothing to support your arms, which are, of course, sticking straight out in front of you. Semi drivers have the right idea – putting the wheel down low and then resting your hands, on the giant wheel that is comfortably placed at knee level. I should be a semi driver when I grow up!

Another rant – Iowa! Speed limit: 65! What on earth were they thinking!?!?!? The whole dang nation drives 75mph, yet the state that is most boring, most empty, and most farming or small town oriented slows people down. Hello! It’s a huge fine if you drive your farm equipment on an Interstate Highway Anyways! Next time I drive across the country, South Dakota, here I come! Their speed limit is 75. And then I can add another state to that beautiful map I have posted below… How nice!